Sustainable development is the subject that today’s businesses face on a daily basis. It’s a subject they can no longer afford to ignore. Corporate social responsibility, also called CSR, is the concrete application of the principles of sustainable development to work organizations. Being trained on the subject is a source not only of innovation for a company but also of performance. Here are some figures that only corroborate what CSR professionals have been saying for years.
- According to an 18-year study conducted by the well-known Harvard Business Review on more than 2,000 companies, those that have integrated CSR into their strategy have seen their profitability increase by 6% to 8%.
- The consulting firm Accenture conducted a survey of 1,000 business leaders in around thirty countries. 66% of executives surveyed said that CSR drives innovation in their company.
- Consumers are increasingly aware of the challenges of sustainable development. A study carried out by Nielsen revealed that eco-responsible products grew by 20% between 2014 and 2015. In contrast, products perceived as not eco-responsible saw their sales increase by only 2%.
These figures are impactful. A coherent and well-thought-out CSR strategy is a huge asset for any company!
Why approach sustainable development through distance learning?
A well-prepared and animated online training thanks to the many interactive online tools that exist today is just as qualitative as face-to-face training. minutes or Miro are two excellent examples of such tools. A training organization that has been running online training for several years knows how to prepare and lead interactive, fun but above all exciting and rewarding moments.
At Nicomak, we have been training CSR professionals since 2009, remotely and face-to-face. We have even developed our own e-learning platform to enable even more qualitative training. The platform allows us to alternate moments of theoretical learning with spaces for discussion and exchange. Our various tools are also integrated directly into our e-learning platform, which allows an even greater openness to our intervention themes.
What are the benefits of online training?
If face-to-face professional training sometimes has the advantage of making it easier for trainees to network with each other, distance training is not left out. Here are some non-exhaustive advantages of online training:
- Collaborative learning. Distance learning makes it possible to connect people living far from each other, potentially working in various sectors of activity. In this context, moments of exchange and feedback can be particularly rich for trainees.
- Training update. If the training is recorded, the trainer can easily update the content according to changes in the market or legislation. This allows you to always stay at the forefront of advances in your chosen subject, even after the training.
- Watch the formation several times. If needed (and the training has been recorded), you can watch the training multiple times. This can be particularly useful if you have not understood certain passages. Or if you want to be sure of shared information.
- Flexibility. No matter where you are in France or in the world, you can participate in a training that interests you. This allows you to solicit trainers who are far from home but whose way of approaching the theme you appreciate.
- Saving time and money. You do not have to travel to a third location to participate in the training. You can follow it from your home or office. This therefore represents a saving of time and money on your journeys. As the training organization also does not need to rent premises specifically for the training and to have the trainers travel, the rates are generally more affordable.
It is undeniable that the Covid-19 health crisis has changed our relationship to remote work. Continuing education, especially in sustainable development, can easily be transposed online. Getting sustainability training remotely is the best way to successfully take your business to the next level. You can even use your CPF account to get training on sustainability. For more information or to chat with one of our consultants about the training we offer, contact Nicomak today!